Thursday, October 8, 2009

Faux Silk




Today I will teach you how to make Faux Silk. It is a REALLY EASY technique! The people that I taught how, LOVES it because it is sooo simple & plus it is a FUN way to use up all that wrinkly tissue paper that you have laying around!


1. Cut out the tissue paper a little bit beyond the cardstock that you will be pasting it on.


2. Crinkle the paper.


3. Smooth out. You still want a little bit of a wrinkle to it, as seen her. Set aside. Apply adhesive of your choice over entire piece of cardstock. Spread tissue paper over adhesive. Trim tissue paper.

4.Finish your card.


Variations:
You can stamp images on tissue paper instead of using per designed tissue paper. You may color the images if necessary but a little hint: color carefully, the ink will bleed through the tissue paper. To make it bold- Use a bold stamp image stamp instead and stamp in colored ink. The ink will run a bit if you use glues stick or liquid glue. It just adds to your project.

Items that I used to make this card:
CTMH Spellbound Stamp C1374
CTMH Black Cardstock 1301
CTMH Autumn Terracotta Cardstock 1270
CTMH Exclusive Inks White Daisy Stamp Pad (Pigment-based) Z2163
CTMH Exclusive Inks Black Stamp Pad Z2105
CTMH Exclusive Inks Cranberry Stamp Pad Z2116
Halloween Tissue Paper that I got at Wal*Mart


I hope you enjoy this technique! If you would like to buy any of the Close To My Heart products that I used here, you may buy them at my CTMH store. Click HERE


(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ♥ ¸.·'´ )¸. ·'´)
«´¨`·.. ♥Angela ♥..·´¨`»
( ¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ♥ `'· .¸)`'·.¸)

No comments: